Our art gallery located in Berlin is currently seeking a gallery assistant to join our team.
This mini job position is dynamic and offers a unique opportunity to be engaged in almost every aspect of gallery business.
The ideal candidate for our gallery possesses a diverse set of qualifications. A small team like ours requires each member to be involved with several different ongoing projects. From shipping logistics, to artwork photography, client services, or creating a virtual exhibition, the role shifts quickly and often in response to the rapidly evolving needs of the business.
Please read the Role & Responsibilities and Qualifications sections carefully. If you are looking for practical, hands-on gallery experience and feel this new position is the one for you, I would encourage you to submit your application for consideration to email@example.com
Roles & Responsibilities
- Inventory management; logistics, photography, cataloguing, etc.
- Document creation; invoices, insurance appraisals, customs documentation, mailings, etc.
- Updating website content management systems; creating exhibitions, updating artwork pages, generating blog posts
- Client services; resolving basic client inquiries
- Providing support to the gallery directors on a wide range of gallery tasks
- Handling sensitive information while respecting gallery and client confidentiality
- Being on location from Mo-Thur 14-18 ( days can be discussed )
- Education: DEC or Bachelor’s Degree ( or still studying )
- Fluently bilingual in English and German (oral and written)
- Strong computer skills (Mac OS)
- Advanced proficiency with applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel (or similar)
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite applications such as Adobe Photoshop, InDesign (or similar)
- Prior retail experience
- Prior customer service experience
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org