Being selected as a PURPLEHAZE Photographer puts you in the spotlight of the international contemporary photography world. It marks you as an emerging artist with great promise and gives you the means to jumpstart your career.
About PURPLEHAZE OPEN Call
PURPLEHAZE MAGAZINE positions twice a year a group of emerging and mid-career photographers in the spotlight on the world stage via THEME based OPEN CALLS. PURPLEHAZE is multimedia platform dedicated to exposing the world to today’s most inspiring artists and photographers. By creating space not only in the digital world but also in physical (HAZEGALLERY) we act as a bridge for collaboration and communication between artsits, their audience and collectors. Through exhibitions, diverse projects and publications, we maintain our commitment to the support and promotion of the artists – YOUR ART -YOUR STORY. The call is one of the most wanted international open calls for photographers between the ages of 18 and 45 and is a moment for PURPLEHAZE to gain insight into the current state of affairs in photography around the world.
If you think your work is ready for international recognition, being selected as a PURPLEHAZE TALENT is a career-building opportunity. PURPELHAZE is devoted to showing new photography and consists of sharing a portfolio and an interview in PURPLEHAZE Magazine, participation in a group exhibition at HAZEGALLERY, Berlin and the opportunity for your work to be added to the gallery’s residents collection.
What winners receive
- 500 EURO HAZE GRAND, exhibition participation, custom designed 5 editorial spread in both print and digital versions of the magazine that will include your artist bio, website and images. Solo 3 D online Exhibition + E catalogue.
- Participation in a group exhibition, editorial spread in both print and digital versions of the magazine. Published in September 2020.
- Editorial spreads in the print & digital versions of the magazine.
- Gain international exposure by participating in events and symposiums amongst industry professionals
- Become part of the PURPELHAZE creatives
- The chance to become part of a prestigious HAZE GALLERY RESIDENTS photography collection. As a selected artist, your work could be added to the Art Collection of contemporary photo gallery in Berlin
- Meet collectors and experts. PURPLEHAZE & the gallery gives you access to an extensive collection of industry professionals and collectors. It offers the opportunity to build up a network of contacts and gain recognition within the photography & art world
About PURPLEHAZE MAGAZINE
PH Magazine is an Berlin based project with a bi -annual large format print publication with curated collection of fashion & art editorials and stories behind artists and their works . In October 2019 , to extend artists representation possibilities, the magazine founded an offline photo gallery in Berlin, promoting young and mid-career artists working in photographic medium. By scouting, curating following and presenting young, talented photographers and their work, PURPLEHAZE & HAZE gallery team aims to discover and stimulate exceptional quality of upcoming artists working with the photographic medium.
How to enter
Artists from any country 18 and older are welcome to apply with works in photographic and digital medium.
Call for entries open
6 July 2020
Requirements for an Art or Fashion Editorials
In order to avoid lookbooks and advertorals please take a note of the following information:
- Minimum: 5 different looks ( multiple brands )
• Team and wardrobe credits in .doc format
• Please include your, your team members, and the designers social medea accounts in the credits so we can tag them when we share the images online
- We copy and paste from your file so , please check all the names for accuracy.
• Behind the scene photo/video/fashion film is a plus